#1 Choosing Paths

Old Fort High School Track
Memorial plaque at my high school track
     There are a couple of quotes that I like. One is written on a plaque by a flagpole at my high school track that serves as a memorial for my cousin who passed away tragically in a car accident during her senior year. The plaque reads " Whatever path I choose tomorrow, I hope I can make a difference". She made a difference to me.

     My older cousin, Monica, encouraged me to sign up for my first 5k race. To my surprise, I actually did pretty well. After the race, she gave me her blue ribbon as a reward for completing my first race. At the time, I wasn’t aware the blue ribbon was actually something she received for her summer 4-H project. It was a nice gesture. Later, at my high school senior commencement, I was awarded a memorial scholarship that honored my cousin. I was deeply honored and moved at being the recipient of this award. Her legacy has both empowered and reminded me to choose paths that will make a difference for those around me.

     The second quote, “Every passion has its destiny” has been a mantra of sorts in both my professional and personal endeavors. In fact, it has been the central theme of many personal statements throughout my career. I believe that passionate endeavors can open up many doors. Maybe it’s a destiny. Maybe that destiny is a moving target. Maybe following passions is God’s way of showing us a purpose for a greater calling.

     My latest passion project is Cross Runner's Heart. This website and blog will serve as a platform to discuss the core areas of life that mean the most to me--- faith, family, and running. The catalyst of inspiration for this website came from our unborn son’s recent diagnosis. You can read more about his story by clicking NOAH'S HEART.  You can can also follow the Noah's Heart Facebook page Subscribing to the blog (click below!) is a good way to stay updated on Noah's condition. I'm not sure what might evolve, but join me! I hope you find something inspirational and can pass it on to others.

What are your passions? Have your passions ever lead to something amazing!? Has a passion of yours ever made a difference to someone else? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#20 Riehm, family of 5

#21 Our Champion, Noah "Rocky Balboa" Riehm!

#18 Miracles & Mother's Day